For patient safety we
- Follow the latest infection prevention guidelines including those from NHS England, Public Health Wales, DHSSPS in Northern Ireland and the Scottish Dental Clinical Effectiveness Programme as appropriate
- Use dental instruments that are single use, single patient use (where applicable) or are sterilised after each patient use
- Decontaminate work areas including the dental chair, hand held equipment and cupboard handles, in between patients
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene including clinical clothing and the restricted wearing of jewellery
- Monitor practice water for quality. Dental unit waterlines are disinfected and kept clear
- Handle waste according to current regulations and dispose of it with appropriate carriers
- Take expert advice if a team member may have a blood borne infection. The team member will have an occupational health examination and follow professional advice on their role in treating patients
Our practice has a safety culture which means that patient safety is at the forefront of everyone’s minds not only when delivering healthcare but also when setting objectives, developing procedures, purchasing new products and equipment. It is also a culture that is open and fair, where team members can discuss the challenges they face at work for the best interests of our patients.
All our team members are trained in safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and follow the practice safeguarding procedures, which are regularly monitored and reviewed.
As a member of CODE I am kept up to date with the latest changes to regulations and patient safety guidelines and regularly train the team at the practice.
As principal dentist I have overall responsibility at the practice. I lead and support the team through regular meetings, staff training, personal development and regular appraisals. We always welcome patients’ questions, comments and suggestions. Please contact me if we can help you in any way or if you have any questions about patient safety at our practice.
Dr Neel Panchal and Dr Pratik Patel
The Practice Principals